Application available for:
Family Center Front Desk, Staff, & Aquatics
Athletic Center Front Desk, Wellness Center, & Child Watch
Position on Nation-wide Problem of Child Abuse
Our first priority in all youth programs is care and safety. We make an active and, we believe, an effective effort to prevent child abuse – verbal, physical, emotional or sexual.
Our goals are:
- To support and strengthen the family unit.
- To help children develop to their fullest potential.
- To deliver the program in a positive environment of safety, support and care.
Allegations or suspicions of child abuse are taken very seriously by the Altavista Area Y and will be reported to the State for investigation. The Altavista area Y will fully cooperate with any related investigations and will pursue the prosecution of child abusers to the full extent of the laws of this State.
All candidates will be subject to a thorough background investigation to screen out molesters, which may include, but are not limited to, checking the following:
- Reference of past employers
- Civic involvement
- Personal references
- Military records
- Volunteer history
- Criminal background history
- Psychological testing
- Personal characteristics/activities
- Periodic interviews with children and parents about day-to-day experiences, encouraging reports of anything out of the ordinary
We have just finished major renovations throughout the YMCA! All new Keiser equipment, updated wellness center flooring, handicap accessible door, just to name a few. Come take a tour, ask questions, and join the YMCA family!
Attention Members: Beginning October 8th and continuing every Tuesday we invite you for a fun gathering of a childhood game of BINGO. It will be held in the Multi-purpose room from 11am to noon.